craftsy

Online Crochet Class

2/17/2013

The Top 5 Favorite Herbal Pregnancy Teas

Being pregnant you want to be as healthy as possible. So before I got pregnant I had already eliminated carbonated beverages and caffeine from my diet. That was a blessing because I never thought I would stop
drinking "pop" or what you southerners call "soda". I found a lot of different benefits in these herbal teas that will help significantly help not only your health but promote a lot of great benefits for the baby as well.

My Top 5 Herbal Pregnancy Teas

Ginger
This great smelling aroma of tea is very useful in the beginning of pregnancy when a lot of women start to have morning sickness. It calms your stomach so that you don't feel so nauseous.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Since I was attempting a VBA2C (vaginal birth after 2 cesareans) this tea was most important to me because it helps strengthen the uterus and also help assist in labor pains. Its also rich in iron which was great because I was also suffering from anemia. You can also drink this tea after deliver to help assist in lactation.

Peppermint Tea
For me peppermint tea just tasted so good. I guess I had a natural craving for it but it has its benefits also. This tea is also good for morning sickness and we all know throwing up is not whats hot!

Roobios Tea
This tea I stumbled across on accident during my 3rd trimester while at the grocery store. What made me buy was the fact that it said that it was a relaxation tea and it had antioxidants to help to improve the body's defenses. To my surprise when I researched it further online it turned out to be great for pregnancy. The best thing about this tea is that it came right on time when I was having sleepless nights so it calmed me down and I slept like a baby.
To read about it benefits go to http://www.rusks.com/rooibos-tea-and-pregnancy/

Chamomile Tea
During some research it is said not to drink this tea during your 1st trimester because it can cause miscarriages. I avoided it up until the 3rd trimester when my baby was just putting her foot in my ribs and having parties all up in my stomach! Anyone who drinks herbal teas knows that chamomile is the best tea for relaxation and that's exactly what it did for me. It is also high and calcium and magnesium.

I used the actual herbs of all of the teas with the exception of Roobios Tea because I had never heard of it before. I bought fresh ginger and boiled it and added my honey.  Adding a little lemon to Chamomile tea is delightful. The rest I just added my honey and sipped and chilled on my pregnancy ball.
 For other pregnancy teas go to http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/herbaltea.html 

If you would like to share things about your healthy pregnancy or chime in on the benefits of herbal teas please leave a comment below. We would love to hear about it!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...