craftsy

Online Crochet Class

2/04/2013

30-minute meal: Spinach Fettuccine & Cheese sauce

      Greetings my fellow hard working sisters and brothers! Today I will be sharing a really quick recipe that doesn't take much preparation or time in the kitchen. I call this one of those "Ain't nobody got time for that!" meals because after a long day I just want to eat good and catch the itis!
      Usually I find inspiration by using whatever I have laying in the fridge, especially if it needs to be used before it goes bad. So this week we had some feta cheese and spinach that needed to be used up so that's where this recipe came from. I had just bought some fettuccine pasta the other day and I could make a quick sauce with the cheese to go on top so that's what we are going to have for dinner. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as me and my family did!



Ingredients
  • 1 package of fettuccine pasta  
       Sauce
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of water
  • 4 Lrg.Tbsp of feta cheese
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp onion power
  • 1 hand full of fresh cut spinach
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 4 diced garlic cloves
  • 1 Tbsp of flour ( corn flour or rice flour)
  • salt and pepper to taste
First get out a large pot and a small sauce pan because you will be cooking with two stove eyes at a time. IF you can't multitask then you can just take it one step at a time.

The Pasta
  1. Cook your pasta in the large pot. Fill up the pot up with water and bring to a boil. Add salt and 1 tbsp of olive before adding your pasta. Cook til they are tender. Drain and set aside.
  2. Usually after I drain the pasta I add another tbsp of olive oil and lightly season the pasta with salt and pepper so that it doesn't stick together.
The Sauce
(don't be afraid to make your own sauces...they always taste better than a commercial brand and are easy)
  1. On medium heat add 3 tbsp of olive oil and the chopped onion and garlic. Let simmer until onions are translucent but do not let the garlic burn because it will turn sour.
  2. Add the flour. You can either add the flour to the olive oil in the pan and form a paste before adding the water or  you can add the flour to the water and mix so that there are no clumps. I generally add the flour to the water then pour into the pot and let simmer until thick.
  3. After the flour water mixture thickens you can then add the milk and the feta cheese to the sauce. Mix generously until well combined. This will also help the sauce thicken.
  4. Then add the spinach to the sauce and let simmer for no more than 2 minutes. You want your sauce to be the consistency of a rich soup not a creamy soup. If the sauce is too thick it will clump up really fast on your pasta and it won't look cute.
  5. Remove pasta from heat and add seasonings to your liking. I forgot to add that I also put fresh parsley and coriander to it also for more flavor.
Assemble
There might be extra sauce, so instead of pouring it all on top of  the pasta you can generously poor or use a ladle to coat the pasta to your liking. I don't like my pasta really soupy but just enough to get the flavor and to some sauce on my chin while eating is good enough for me.

   Since there was extra sauce I just refrigerated it til I will figured out what I'd do with it. Either I would freeze it for a rainy day or use it again tomorrow if I needed another "Ain't nobody got time for that!" meal!

This meal is really simple if you know your way around the kitchen and even if you are new to cooking. You can add a side salad, some garlic bread and/or some chicken or fish to really make it stand out!!

Please let me know if you like the recipe by leaving comments and tell me what you added to it to make it your own. Yall stay blessed!!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...