craftsy

Online Crochet Class

2/14/2013

BIG CHOP 2013!

THE SECOND BIG CHOP!


After gaining a little bit of knowledge,wisdom and understanding from knowing whom my FATHER in heaven is, I decided to go natural.  I think all women get to that point in their lives when they are feeling so
liberated that they will or have decided to go natural. Natural makeup, hair, hair care products and basically a natural lifestyle of self worth and empowerment. That is what had happened to me and is the reason I went natural. Oh and I forgot to mention I learned about all the harmful chemicals that are in creamy crack (relaxers).

   I first cut my hair in 2010 and started all over from scratch. I did NOT and I repeat, I did NOT feel confident and beautiful when I did that. I felt ugly and I thought I looked like a boy. Immediately I found some weave and got some micro braids and kinky twists. I did this until my hair was long enough to style in a way that was semi worldly. Not to mention the color I added to it. I was sure that natural might have been a mistake. Then after about a year and a half I started to wear my Afro out and I thought I was cute. It wasn't cute for that long because my hair is like wool like our Savior Christ and that means it was mad disrespectful to me. It would take forever to wash, comb and style. I then realized I could tame it a little bit by wearing it blow dried out. That worked for me and I loved it until I was 6 months pregnant about 4 months ago and I decided to lock it up. The locks were wonderful and my hair still had length after now 3 years of being natural. I had reached my goal until one day.....................

I grabbed some scissors and CHOP! CHOPP! CHOPPPP! I just had my baby about 4-5 weeks post pregnancy and I had two other toddlers running around and a bad day with a huge c-section scar. That was a recipe for disaster. I just wasn't feeling it at all, not right now anyway. My hair was heat damaged so it looked like I had permed locks. Even though they are much easier to maintain and I loved them a lot I decided that I'm going to start from scratch. I had no idea what I was going to look like or how I would face the aftermath.

   Luckily for me I was rewarded with a great surprise!!! I had been blessed! This was truly a blessing in disguise. After all that crying and cutting (yes I was going through a thang) and crying some more, I looked in the mirror and to my surprise I was BEAUTIFUL. It took 3 1/2 years of studying and going through trials and tribulations believing  that Ahayah was and did bring me through so much. I have been so low with my life on the line, sitting in hospitals not knowing or conscious that at that moment it could have been  my last shot at grace. To have another day to get it right and praise HIS name. What greater reward could have came from that? No covetousness, NO envy, NO malice, NO self hate but beauty, wisdom, long-suffering, contentment and strength was all in the mirror looking back at me. I finally love me because HE loves me  and now I can teach my daughter how to love herself now that I know and understand how to do so. You won't and can't do it without the Most High.

Who knew???
HE knew....and HIS MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER...because I am living proof.

2 comments:

  1. Shalom and Thank you for you inspiring web page sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalawam and bless you too sis! Thank you for your support!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...