craftsy

Online Crochet Class

3/01/2013

Purim Day Feast

Raisin Sauce Stir Fry Recipe

   This Purim some of my Spiritual family members along with my family celebrated the feast together and man did we eat good and have a nice time. Everyone brought their signature dish and we all caught the itis.
We then chilled out to some good Hebrew music and enjoy each others company. 
    The dish I made was my good ol' Raisin sauce stir fry. This recipe came about when I was newly pregnant with my baby girl around this time last year and I stumbled across this raisin sauce on the internet. It is generally used to coat a ham for the holidays but I used it as a stir fry and the rest is history. I would love for you all to try this easy recipe because it is sooo good and I had to make it by request! Please don't forget to comment to let me know how yours come out.

Ingredients

    • 1 pound sliced Chicken breast
    • 1 head of Broccoli
    • 1 red or yellow Onion chopped
    • 1/2 cup of water
    • 1 cup Sugar or Honey
    • 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
    • 1 cup Raisins
    • 2 tbsp Corn flour or Arrowroot powder
    • 1/2 tsp Cloves
    • 2 tbsp Olive oil
    • 1tsp salt, 1 tbsp onion powder, pinch of pepper
  1.  In a small sauce pan on medium heat add water, vinegar, raisins, cloves and sugar then mix until well combined. Let boil and cook until raisins are plump.
  2. While the sauce is cooking, cut and steam your broccoli until soft and done then set aside.
  3. When the raisins become plump add Cornflour and stir until well combined and cook until sauce becomes thick. Once the sauce has thickened take it off the heat and set aside.
  4. Add olive oil into a medium/large size deep skillet until hot. Add in the onions and chicken strips, cook until done.
  5. On medium heat, after the chicken is done add the broccoli and raisin sauce. Cook until everything is well combined. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper. Serve hot!
Serve this with some brown rice and spring rolls and you good to go. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. If you try it don't forget to let me know how it comes out by leaving a comment down below! Yall stay blessed and I hope yall had a happy Purim as well.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I had forgotten about this delectable meal lol. I'm going to have to make it this week! Thanks for the recipe!

    -Shamayam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...