craftsy

Online Crochet Class

3/19/2013

Health Week 3/18 - 3/24

Drinking Green Juices and Going Gluten Free

   This week my plan was to start the new year off right by exercising and eating completely healthy as much as possible.Other sisters and I have already started a 30 day exercise challenge and overall it has been very
successful and encouraging. Even though we may take a day off here and there at least we encourage each other to keep going and remind one another to workout everyday.

   In addition to that I have started juicing all kinds of veggies and fruits. I really needed to do this because I feel my health declining and its important for me not to get back on those dreadful, deadly medications. My plan is to make some kind of green juice at least once a day and go gluten free all week. That way I can be able to feel more accomplished and I would be more likely to continue this way even after the week is up. I would really like to go as long as I can so I will blog about it to keep track.

Meanwhile back on the ranch..I am proud to announce that Yesterday I did a 24hr juice/water diet and when I ate dinner that night I felt like I could have continued another day. Though the dinner was really healthy my body seemed used to drinking the juices instead of eating solids after one day.

Here are the juices I made so far:

Day-1 Monday:

Cucumber and Mint juice
Apple and Cucumber liver cleanser
Cucumber Soother

I really just wrote down a lot of random recipes online and tried some new stuff but most of what I juiced was
  • Cucumbers
  • Carrots
  • Spinach
  • Ginger
  • Celery
  • Apples
Its really easy to mix and match to make your own combination of flavors. Just make sure you have something green, sweet and bitter in the juice. My favorite is the Apple and Cucumber with a little ginger. It tasted so good. I completed my Day-3 exercises and completed was gluten-free all day!

Day-2 Today:

Of course I had the Apple and Cucumber and Cucumber Mint juice. Later, I then had another mix of random stuff. I used a frozen banana, parsley leaves, spinach, apple and dried ginger blended with one cup of water as a smoothie and to my surprise I even had the kids drinking it so it must have been semi good.
 I plan on doing my Day-4 exercises tonight before bed Most High willing but I am blessed to have another gluten free day.


I pray tomorrow is just as successful as Day 1 and 2. The juicing is really helping regulate my body and it also gives me great energy in the morning. If you have time to juice, I definitely recommend it. You don't have to be a health nut to put good things into your system. Take your time and go at your own pace. When you do it that way you can go for the long haul and not just for the moment.

If you want more info on how to join in on the daily encouragement please leave a comment or email me at yail@thebeautyofwisdom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...