craftsy

Online Crochet Class

3/06/2013

DIY: Homemade Laundry Detergent

        My Laundry Detergent Recipe


  I was finally able to write my laundry detergent recipe down. I have no idea why it took me so long to post this but after reading, researching and then reading some more this is what I came up with. This recipe is very
simple and easy. Not to mention it had my clothes looking and smelling good and it turned my off white shirts into almost white shirts. All you need is these 3 ingredients and you will have an excellent laundry detergent that gets your clothes clean for cheap.


Ingredients for Dry Laundry Detergent


Shredded soap bar

Borax

1 cup borax

2 cups baking soda or 1 cup washing soda

1/2 cup a shredded bar of soap






Mix all the ingredients together and store in a bucket container and this is what it looks like.



    You only need about 2 tbsp of this mixture for each load and maybe a little more if your clothes are heavily soiled. Its also best to shake it up before you use it .

     I used a basic white soap but  Dove or Ivory will do good. Next time I will be using natural soap that has olive oil in it from the health food store. I hope it comes out smelling good. I will try my best to keep yall posted on that but it won't be for a while because this will last me at least a month.

    As for the fabric softener I used apple cider vinegar and was surprised it didn't make my clothes smell funny or smell like pickles. It actually made my clothes less stiff and soft (duh its a fabric softener). Long story short IT WORKS. I got that Idea from TLC home page. Apparently there are harmful chemicals in those downy sheets and liquid fabric softener also.

If you would like to share any of your natural laundry detergent recipes, you can do so by leaving it in the comment box. Therefore I can gather them and a create another post about what you guys come up with in the future.

Don't forget to follow the blog and comment and try all the recipes and let me know how it comes out! Y'all stay blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Shalom Sister, I have been wanting to make my own laundry detergent at home so I'm excited to try this one thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalawam Sis! I am excited for you. This will literally take all of 5 minutes. You will be so happy that you made your own. Please let me know how it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Sis! I have been wanting to make my own laundry detergent for over a year now but I can't find borax in the Country that I live in.
    Is there another substitute for borax?

    Thawada
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...