craftsy

Online Crochet Class

1/27/2013

What's in my First Aid Kit?

Who knew having a family would require you to become a full time nurse? After my first son was born and I was newly married I didn't know I would be caught off guard with the teething and fevers from the baby. Neither did I know my husband would turn into a baby when he got sick or if his allergies were bothering him. These are things no one gives you a heads up about when you start your family. In that moment when they need you, you don't want to be sitting there looking crazy and clueless you have to find solutions to make them better because they are depending on you. From fractured legs to headaches and fevers there are some must haves that you need to have stored away for that random rainy day when you will surely need it. I have gathered some items to keep safe in a first aid box or to make your own first aid kit for you and your family.



Home First Aid Kit
  1. Band-aids
  2. Thermometer
  3. Rubber bands
  4. Alcohol
  5. Antibiotics
  6. Antiseptic wipes
  7. Vaseline
  8. Surgical tape
  9. Gauze Pads
  10. Pain relievers
  11. Gloves
  12. Tweezers
  13. Reusable Icepack
  14. Teething gel 
  15. Small bottle of colloidal silver
  16. Allergy medicine
  17. Homemade cough syrup
  18. Ankle brace
  19. Eczema cream
  20. Peroxide 
These are some basic necessities as well as some specifics that applies to certain things my family has dealt with like eczema and allergies. Its good to restock on these at least twice a year or whenever you run out. You definitely never want to be caught without these things so restocking is a must. You can store these items in a small lock box or a small backpack if you don't have an already bought kit.

If you can make two first aid kits. One for your home and a traveling one with the exact same items to use on the road or if for any reason you need to leave your home for an emergency.
Is there any essentials that I might have missed? Please leave a comment and tell me what's in you first aid kit!! Many blessings family!!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have in your first aid kit. I have the same but added some things: witch hazel, tea tree oil, Q-tips, natural teas and herbs, cayenne pepper (A MUST for instant relief of DIARRHEA), heating pack, bug spray, apple cider vinegar, and most importantly, my bible right beside it.

    - Shamayam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Shamayam,

    I think I am going to update it with your recommendations! Thawadah sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...