craftsy

Online Crochet Class

1/20/2013

10 Ways I Use Baking Soda in My Home

I learned so much about baking soda that its only right I start reaping its benefits. I have gathered a list of things that I use baking soda for when making my natural DIY products at home.

  1. Toothpaste
  2. Deodorant
  3. Laundry Detergent
  4. Insect Bites- It works great in the summertime on mosquito bites
  5. Deodorize the refrigerator- Now I know everyone's mother or grandmother had a box of opened Arm and Hammer Baking Soda sitting in the fridge to get all the food smells out of there!
  6. Deodorize Carpet- Sprinkle some on your rugs or carpet before vacuum cleaning and it gets all the odors out of it.
  7. Kitchen Scrub- During my weekly "hands and knees" house cleaning I scrub down the sinks and counters with some baking soda. It helps to get rid of smells and makes it cleaner.
  8. Face and Body Scrub- One day I figured I might as well try to scrub my face with it as an exfoliate and I was surprised with the results. Of course I was experimenting but was relieved that others have tried it as well. Now I am looking for some combinations to store up so that my face feels fresh instead of using harsh soaps.
  9. Deodorize Dishrags and Face Rags- Soak your rags in some baking soda and boiling hot water to eliminate bacteria and smells.
  10. Wash Produce, Fish and Chicken- Depending on what I have in the house generally I would either use baking soda or vinegar and water to clean and rinse my fruits and veggies especially buying fresh farmer's market foods. I soak my fish and chicken in the same solution above.This is important because when I buy my meats its also fresh. Its that I just seen his head get cut off fresh so I would mix the vinegar/ or use lemon juice and baking soda to clean it so it won't smell.
I am sure I will find more ways to implement this very cheap and very useful chemical into something useful for my home. For more ways to use baking soda go to http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/22/home-4/ .

Please comment with other ways you use baking soda in your home or let me know if any of the above works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...