craftsy

Online Crochet Class

12/03/2012

Natural or C-Section Delivery? Any final thoughts...

      My next method of delivery wasn't a very hard choice for me even after 2 previous c-sections I made it up in my mind that I would have the exact meaning of my soon to be daughter's name which is Faith. You couldn't tell me I wasn't going to have a natural delivery.
      My first pregnancy was c-section because I was just getting into reading the scriptures for myself not fully understanding what was going on. I let the doctor persuade me that having the surgery would be the best decision for me since I have Myasthenia Gravis (an autoimmune disease) and because my son was weighing 10 lbs. It was no way I would consider giving birth to such a big child and then not be able to fully push him out because the autoimmune disease causes me to have muscle weakness.

     Baby number two definitely was going to be vaginal...so I hoped. I thought I would try to wait it out and go into labor and have the baby that way. Especially since having the surgery was so difficult afterwards with the recovery, needles and time spent in the hospital. I would never recommend a c-section unless it was absolutely necessary. Unfortunately nowadays people get them done all the time just for convenience and to save time. Anyway baby number two was breech so no vaginal success for me. I felt like a failure at times but this was out of my control.
      This time around I went to my first pregnancy classes and I educated myself on the risks and chances of having a successful vba2c. I prayed and learned so much in this process to find out at the end I'm going to schedule for another c-section. Where I am from its extremely unheard of to attempt a vba2c. It's not that I didn't believe because I had more faith than my Douala but there was a different understanding to what I thought having faith really means that The Most High has blessed me to understand.
     Having Faith isn't about believing that the Father will do what YOU would want HIM to do. I sooo wanted to have the baby vaginally that I didn't take the time to ask Him if it was even in His will. So now what I believe is if it is meant to have this baby naturally according to His will then it will be done and it will come to pass in a way that I would never imagine so that He and He only gets the glory. If I am to have the baby via c-section then this also too will come to pass by His will and I will have enough faith either way to know that He loves me, He will neither leave me nor forsake me and I have absolutely nothing to worry about.
    Gaining faith and putting it with works means to take any situation on the chin and go through the motions knowing that He loves us and will protect us in the end. Learning that alone has made me so grateful and honored to bring a life into this world that will be made to praise His holy name as long as she lives, right along with me and my other children and husband.
All praises go to the Father through Christ and may his mercy endureth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...