craftsy

Online Crochet Class

12/30/2012

DIY Natural Ant repellant

Okay so in addition to my children I have other guest or should I say pestilence in my house!! ANTS!!
Ants are so horrible because they are small and then form these little military lines across my my kitchen on my dishes and in my sink.

    For a minute I thought they paid rent in my place and I was the one that was intruding! The day I found one chilling in my tea cup that was the straw that broke the camels back! (Whatever that means lol!) So I had to find a way to get rid of them before they got rid of me...they were literally giving me the boot, I couldn't take it no more.



     So I researched and researched and found that I can get rid of them and their paths with some things I had around the house!! I also learned that for whatever reason they don't like the smell of peppermint so I had that handy from making my natural toothpaste and the power of my favorite thing Baking Soda would really do the trick. Finally, I was like okay...lets do this! Excitedly I got me a spray bottle and was ready for war. 

I took a spray bottle that had a mixture of Vinegar and water together that I use for my natural glass cleaner. Since it was running low I added these ingredients.

  • 2 Tbl spoons of Baking Soda
  • About 5-10 drops of Peppermint essential oil (depending on how strong you want the smell)
and then I filled the rest up with water shook up my bottle and IT WAS ON!

Of course you have to give your counters, sink and even walls a good soapy wipe down, especially where they frequent a lot or leave trails. After that I didn't even let the counter dry before spraying my counters down with the solution. I just wiped it off, kinda like a rinse after the cleaning and I was in for more than just a nice clean ant-less counter. It made my counters disinfected with the vinegar and baking soda mixture and had my kitchen smelling extra fresh from the Peppermint oil! I was like..."Okay, alright!" ;)  This benefits me in every and its natural too so I don't have to breath in the chemicals and harm my body as I would if I used all my bleach on the kitchen! You know how we get carried away with that bleach...it will have us smelling bleach in our noses for the next hour!

Anyway, if you use this with consistency you will notice they aren't around as much and depending on how much you clean they might just find a new home!

Praise the Father that's over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Stay blessed!

FREE BOPPY PILLOW!!

Free Nursing Pillow (a $ 40.00 Value) at NursingPillow.com, use Promotion Code YAIL144 TODAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...